Monday, October 27, 2008

Kristen Kelly Fisher, NY Women for McCain Co-Chair

Hi! My name is Kristen and I am a Co-Chair of New York Women for McCain-Palin and a member of the Women's National Finance Council for Victory 2008. The last year and a half has been very exciting as I have had the opportunity to participate in the most democratic of experiences in the United States – the election cycle. It has been my honor to work to help elect John McCain President of the United States of America.

I am a firm believer in volunteerism and the positive impact it makes in our communities and our country. John McCain has always put his country first and he has inspired me to do the same. Over the course of my experience, I have been blessed with many opportunities to learn new things and to meet incredible people.

In New York we have focused our efforts on creating a dynamic network of women who support the McCain-Palin campaign. We have spent much of our time focused on voter to voter contact, rallies and the sharing of information regarding volunteer opportunities. My experiences with the campaign have taken me all over the great state of New York and across the country. At each place I have visited, I have encountered fabulous, energized and exciting supporters. The opportunity to meet and work with such dedicated and talented women has been life altering.

This has been an incredible journey. One I will always treasure. I look forward to the day Senator McCain is President McCain and Governor Palin is Vice President Palin.

I would be remiss if I did not acknowledge the efforts of my dear friend and co-chair in this initiative, Elizabeth Mahoney. Elizabeth has been instrumental in working with me to create the framework from which we have organized ourselves. Her knowledge and insight to the political process and her willingness to go above and beyond the call of duty is awe-inspiring. We have had great fun working together.

Also a special thank you to RNC Co-Chairman Jo Ann Davidson whose insights have enlightened me and whose Pink Elephant talking points have kept me going each week!

Kristen Kelly Fisher is the Co-Chair of New York Women for McCain-Palin and a member of the Women's National Finance Council for Victory 2008.

No comments: